ctps, card Prizes, plus trophies
WHAT IS A BIRDIE BAsh
The Vibram Birdie Bash is a fun day of disc golf with great people, prizes and spirit. The event is perfect for both beginners and seasoned players. For $40, players get two Vibram discs, a shirt, mini & sticker ($100 value) as well as two rounds of the unique birdie bash format.
For beginners, there are tons of prizes and CTPs (closest to the pin prizes), and if more people come to the event, you can even get some bonus prizes for the event. The format gives everyone a chance to win prizes.
For seasoned players, they will have an opportunity to compete for a Birdie Bash crown as well teach newer players about the great culture and competition of our sport.
The best reason to participate is to spend time throwing the disc with friends and soon-to-be friends.
Players throw one less shot than par (eg. twice on a par 3).
How much does it cost to play? $40
Is it extra for non-PDGA members? No, we cover it.
Do TDs have to pay the PDGA Event Sanctioning fee? No, we cover it.
Do TDs have to pay for the PDGA Insurance certificate? Only if it is required for your venue. If so, it is $50.
Does each event have to be PDGA sanctioned? Yes, unless there are extenuating circumstances like the TD is not a PDGA member and cannot find an assistant who is a PDGA member to be listed as the TD on the PDGA site.
Are all Birdie Bashes in the Spring? Yes, all VBBs will occur from March 5 to May 29.
There is not a Birdie Bash near me, can I run one? Yes, you must submit your application at least 6 weeks prior to the event.
Is there a minimum number of players? No, but if you hit 30 or more, we will throw in extra prizes.
Can I order three discs? No, all players will get a choice of fairway driver and putter.
Why can't I pick a distance driver or mid? Our new lineup of fairway drivers combined with our putters cover an optimal range of distance and we are focusing marketing efforts on getting the new fairway drivers in as many hands as possible.
Do I get to pick my discs? Yes and no.
- You get your choice of our new Fairway Drivers (Notch, Arch, Valley, Vamp)
- You get your choice of a Putter (VP, Ridge, Sole, Summit)
- You choose the material and weight.
- Supplies may be limited
Do I need to sign up as a pro?
MPO is the designation for Men Pro Open. For the Birdie Bash, this just means men (as opposed to FPO, which just means women). The Birdie Bash is a fun casual event and we do not anticipate many (if any) true pros signing up. The only reason we used these division designations was so that if a player that has ever cashed in a PDGA event wants to play in a Birdie Bash, then we are required to put them in a pro division. Since there is no cash payout, the division status will have no effect on Ams playing in the division.
How do you know what shirt size to get me? When you register, you select your shirt size.
Do I have to use the discs I get that day? Yes! Even if you have other Vibram discs, to make it fair, you need to use your new discs.
How many divisions? Three. Men, women and juniors (under 13, as of the day of the event).
Should beginners play? Absolutely! Besides a great day of low pressure, high fun discing, you get:
- Two premium Vibram discs
- Two rounds of disc golf
- A bunch of extra swag in your player pack
- To experience the camaraderie that is disc golf
- And, as if that weren't enough, the second round groups are put together based on first round score and the winner of each group in the second round gets a bonus prize. So everyone has a chance to win something!
Should seasoned players play? Absolutely! Besides a great day of low pressure, high fun discing, you get:
- Two premium Vibram discs and extra swag in your player pack
- Two rounds of disc golf
- To demonstrate the camaraderie that is disc golf to new players
How long is a Vibram Birdie Bash? It is two rounds and you will be shooting a limited number of shots per hole (usually just 2 or 3 shots). We estimate round one will take 1.5 to 2 hours, allow 1 hour for lunch and another 1.5 to 2 hours for round 2. If the event starts at 10 AM, it will probably be done around 3:00 PM or so.
- Example 1: A par 3. Your drive hits the basket but does not go in. You drain your birdie putt. You earn three points: 1 point for the metal hit on the drive, 2 points for the birdie.
- Example 2: A par 3. Your drive goes way left and lands 150 feet away. Your 2nd shot is straight but low and hits the post. You earn one point and there is no need to putt out.
- Example 3: A par 4. On your fourth shot, you tickle the chains and do not go in the basket. You get zero points since the shot that hit chains was not for birdie or better. As it turns out, there was actually no need to even throw the fourth shot, except for funsies.
Hucking discs with friends in a fun, friendly format. Vibram Birdie Bash. Have fun, bring friends.